Monday, February 2, 2009

Don't tell me what happened

Wait...there was a game yesterday?


Yep....it was a good one, too.


Oh well...I guess I'll catch the replays on CNN or something.

Moving on, today is the day that the Fabulous Furball of Forecasting makes the decision on whether or not Winter is over. So with a foot of snow still on the ground and more coming in the next two days, he amazingly tells us that we get six more weeks of winter. Jerk.

The whole thing is predicated on whether or not our boy Punxsutawney Phil is scared back into his hole by his shadow. I say the whole thing is nonsense. If I were to wake up from a nap and 10 thousand people are watching me wake up, cheering for me, and some dude who looks like a 19 century Flavor Flav (No, I'm not making this up...check the Photo Gallery if you don't believe me) yanks me out of bed...I'm going to be scared, too.

But the bottom line appears to be six more weeks of winter. In one respect, I'm somewhat envious of Phil...he's just going to go back to bed and wake up when winter's over...I still have to get up.

No comments: