Thursday, October 6, 2016

Typing Delicately Today



No matter how many times the online shopping place asks, I’m not buying a bidet  


But they go on sale just all of the time.  Really quite a steal.


So, as you may or may not know, I occasionally buy stuff online.  It's usually fairly easy to find exactly what I'm looking for, it's very convenient, and I can often save lots of money on some items that I choose to buy.  (Looking at you, "grey box" camera lens...cha-ching!)  

Because I occasionally buy stuff online, I know some online shopping websites that may not be as widely known as others (though some of them are related) and have various themes associated with them.  Such as a site which sells one item per day at a substantial discount.  I like those places when they have what I need, but it's at least mildly rare that they have what I need.  I still look every day to see if I need what they have.  Okay...well...strictly speaking, I have an app on my phone which shows me what they have, but you get the idea.  

Weirdly enough, what they seem to have fairly often is bidets.  

Why this is, I have no idea, but it seems to show up more often than is really necessary.  People who want bidets probably know where to find them or for that matter, already have them.  I can't imagine that this particular online shopping place sells a substantial number of bidets when they have them on sale, but since they keep having them on sale, they must do some reasonable amount of business.  

Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to the specifics of the bidets that they're selling, and they're actually vastly different items in terms of features and specifications.  But the fact remains that they're selling a bidet, or to be more precise a bidet attachment to an existing facility.  I'm at least a little curious about water temperature as it relates to the plumbing of the item, since hot water is not a feature that I currently have installed in my facility.  Also, pressure control is probably a key feature I would want clarified in this sort of purchase.  

All of this nonsense starts going through my head because of this particular online shopping place, which, for strictly Blag purposes, we'll call "Hooray!"  All for an item that I will never have interest in buying.  Keep trying though, "Hooray!"  Somebody apparently wants them all the time. 

No comments: