Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Now With Flavor!



I have no idea what my car will smell like  


Well, if it's new, you should have a pretty good idea.  New Car scent is a patented thing. 


Yeah, my car's not new.  I rely on little vent-mounted air freshener thingies to keep control of my car's smell now.   


So, it should smell like the air freshener thingy, shouldn't it? 


And therein lies the problem.  

I've gotten the same air freshener thingy for the last...oh, I have no idea...at least a year based on an event I remember where the topic came up.  Well, I'm sad to say that I have been unable to locate that particular scent of thingy in my searches over the last two weeks, so I was forced to switch to a new flavor.  

No, I'm not tasting the thingies.  

Anyway, the new one is called "Greek Seascape" or some crap like that which is supposed to make me think of exotic locales and gently wafting breezes and not the dead fish which also happen on any seascape.  It seemed at least reasonably harmless based on the available choices, most of which were based on one form of laundry soap or another.  And I don't really want my car smelling like laundry.  

Anyway, one of the features of this particular brand of air freshener thingy that I enjoyed were the little scratch and sniff stickers they placed on the packaging so you could tell in advance what the scent was before committing to having your car smell like this for the next month.  It was one of the methods I used to determine that "Fresh Citrus" was a good smell for my car.  Well, in the name of corporate profits, the company no longer puts these stickers on the box.  I have no idea what "Greek Seascape" or whateverthecrapitreallyis smells like.  

I guess I'll find out after work when I go out to my car.  Here's hoping it's decent. 

No comments: