Monday, October 10, 2016

My TV Misses Me



Did I miss anything good on TV over the weekend?  


Pretty sure there were some reruns of "How I Met Your Mother" on a channel or two.  Probably about it.  


So, if you're like me, you've decided to live in a perpetual state of denial over the next 29 days and avoid television like the plague.  


Unfortunately, you're reading this on the internets, and there's a decent chance that you'll read something other than pithy Blag comedy, even if by accident.  


So, I guess if there's anything that happens for the next 4 weeks in terms of the fall television season (I don't even have any shows that I watch anymore), the new football season (which apparently is like 5 weeks old already), or the baseball playoffs (which are apparently happening), or the new hockey season (Opening Day is Wednesday!), I'm probably going to at least pretend to not notice. 

It will be a whole lot better than the alternative of actually watching what people are talking about and seeing how they're treating each other.  Because there's really no good that is coming out of that at the moment, and it doesn't really help anybody.  I'm going to live in my little bubble of denial and hope that 4 weeks from Wednesday, people will start being civil again.  

I'll probably have to start a new bubble of denial then, but it's good to have goals, right? 

No comments: