Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Very Full Blag Today



And just what ELSE am I supposed to think about when you talk about Bushwackers?  


Luke and Butch, of course!  


Naturally!  Unfortunately, not only was that not the actual subject, but nobody in the room knew what I was talking about.  

But first...

Before we get to all of that, stop whatever it is you're doing and Watch This Video of a cat dressed as a monkey licking a banana.   It's the greatest thing you'll see all day.  


And now, back to our regularly scheduled nonsense.


So, I was recently sitting in a meeting with somebody who was talking about "Bushwackers."  He was referring to a tropical drink he had discovered while on vacation not long ago.  Apparently, it's a fairly common one in the area he was visiting, as he said he had made it a point to sample one (or more) from each bar he located on his journey.  You know...for scientific purposes.  This refreshing beverage apparently consists of Vodka, Kahlua, Dark Crème de Cacao, Cream of Coconut, Triple Sec, Oxford Commas, and Milk.  I guess the idea is that it's very delicious and seemingly innocuous, but then bushwacks you with intoxication.  

Of course, the whole time he was talking about this, I have visions of pro wrestlers using their heads as battering rams going through my mind.  In a conversational pause, I asked that if I made a "Luke and Butch" reference, if anyone would get it.  Nobody would have.  

Luke and Butch, of course, are the famous pro wrestling tag team known as "The Bushwackers."  They were a lively and unorthodox baby-face team known for their boisterous march to the ring, licking each other's heads, and just being overall a little strange.  They were reasonably successful, but I don't remember them ever holding a major title.  I could be wrong, but I can't be bothered to look it up.  They were also instrumental in Tugboat's Heel Turn, when he changed his ring name to Typhoon and teamed with Earthquake to form the Natural Disasters, but that's tangential to these proceedings.  

This is where things got weird.  

I decided I needed to link to a video of the Bushwackers in action on the Blag here.  Partially because I'm amused by them, and partially to provide the sort of edutainment you've all come to expect from me.  I Came Up With This One, where our boys Luke and Butch take on quintessential jobbers Barry Horowitz and The Brooklyn Brawler.  That's not the weird part.  The weird part is the fact that in the process of watching this video, I quickly realized that I was actually in the audience for this match.  Yes, it is with near certainty that I can tell you that I exist as a couple of pixels somewhere in a crowd shot in this video.  Good luck finding me! 

No comments: