Thursday, January 7, 2016

I'll Hire Somebody To Write Sametime Statuses



Well, the good news is that I forgot to play the lottery yesterday   


So did the winner.  


So, for those of you unawares, one of the multi-state lottery drawings is up to some ludicrous amount of money.  Estimates currently say it'll be somewhere around 700 million bucks.  I was supposed to play yesterday, when it was a mere 400 some million bucks, but that seems like chump change now, doesn't it?   


Yeah, all those suckers who played yesterday are feeling pretty silly now.  


So, now I'm in an office pool where everyone hopes to not have to come in to work next week.  I don't know how many sets of numbers we end up with out of it, but it's not going to change the odds of winning all that much.  You're still more likely to get struck by lightning that winning 700 million dollars in the lottery.  That's one way to look at it. 

Of course, another way to look at it is that eventually, somebody is going to win a stupid amount of money for buying a ticket, so it may as well be me.   

No comments: