Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I Tried, But It Just Won't Work



Strangely enough, my garage door opener doesn’t unlock the door at work


You're probably better off using it at home.  


Well, exactly.  But even then, I don't.  

See, my car has the thing where you can program buttons on the read-view mirror to emit the same signal as your garage door opener's remote.  As such, I have programmed the buttons in my car to open the garage doors.  Huzzah!  Because of this, I roughly never use the remote control that came with the opener.  

That said, I still keep it in my car.  You never know when you're going to have to drop your car off at a garage, or have it get stolen, or let Anne Hathaway borrow it (Two of these things have never happened.  You'll probably guess correctly.), so it's good to keep the remotes around as a contingency plan.  This is what I have going on.  

It's worth noting here that during non-work hours, I tend to keep my work ID badge locked safely in my car.  In the same compartment as the remote.  The badge is on a lanyard, and the remote has a metal clip which is ostensibly used to secure it to the car's visor or other suitable location.  If I had a nickel for every time I've pulled out my ID badge only to have it drag the garage door remote with it, I wouldn't have to work anymore.  I could afford more lottery tickets! 

No comments: