Friday, January 29, 2016

I'll Intentionally Fail Every Semester



If I could have majored in Tacos when I was picking colleges, things may have turned out differently for me  


Your college did have a taco bar in the dining hall every Tuesday.  That had to count for something, didn't it?


Certainly!  It counted for me eating many, many tacos...usually on Tuesdays.  

The great Hannah Hart once said,  "I find myself, when drinking, in a constant state of desiring Mexican food.  But to put that more accurately, you'd have to replace the word 'drinking' with 'awake.'"  Sure, she had been drinking and was hosting a cooking failure show at the time, but you have to admit that she had a point.  


LIR's Note: "My Drunk Kitchen" is a brilliant web show usually involving cooking failures.  The show itself is very much not a failure, it really is very successful, and we're big fans here. 


Tacos are among the greatest things ever, and much of life is a long journey to, among other things, find the perfect taco.  So, imagine my delight when I learned that the University of Kentucky is now offering a class called "Taco Literacy: Public Advocacy and Mexican Food in the US South."  Sadly, it's a single class and not something you can actually major in, but I'm sure there are loopholes worthy of exploiting to get more taco education.  


Do you have any idea what the tuition costs are at UofK?  Might be the most expensive free tacos you've ever had.


True, the tacos themselves are a fleeting bonus of the course, but it's the taco learning that lasts a lifetime.  How can you put a price on that? 

No comments: