Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Almost Spring, Right?



Are you ready for Snowpocalypse 2016?  


I am!  I have my bathtub full of water, extra shovels and gas for the snowblower, and enough supplies to make an entire week's worth of french toast.  Exciting!  


So, if you're like me, you pay attention to the weather forecast.  Mostly so you know what pants you have to wear, but ostensibly for other reasons as well.  Well, here in the Greater Jeremy Area, we're expecting snow.  

Sure, it's a been a remarkably mild winter thus far, (Thanks, El Nino) but but there's all kinds of yapping about a huge snow storm that's setting up for this coming weekend.  Estimates range anywhere from a dusting of snow to around a foot, with even more snow in some not too distant locales.  I don't want this, but it comes with the territory, I suppose.  

People have begun preparations.  Snow tires, shovels, salt, and snow blowers are all ready to go, grocery stores are preparing for an influx of business, and I'm getting ready to be all whiny about snow.  

This, of course, all means that nothing is going to happen out of any of this nonsense.  Remember Snowpocalypse 2015?  We heard all about 24 to 36 inches of snow in the GJA, and we ended up with almost two.  I took a picture.  I'm fully prepared for a foot of snow or more this weekend, which means we're getting squat.

No comments: