Friday, July 31, 2015

A Broken Printer?! What A Deal!



Garage Sale outside my office today only!  Cheap stuff cheap!  


Only the cheapest stuff for Jeremy's customers!  


Well folks.  It's the end of an era.   If I've learned nothing else while watching the opening credits sequence from "Watchmen" as many times as I have, it's that the times, they are a changin'.  While the song is a little deeper in its own meaning, and there was a double-meaning in the movie in that there was a divergence in reality which started somewhere in the 1960s, for me, it means my office is moving.  

Sure, it's not the first time I've had to move offices, but every time I do, it's a little sad to note that my entire career up until this point has amounted to a computer and a small stack of boxes.  


And about 60 pounds of loose change that you made me carry out to your car.  


This time in particular, it's even more sad, though, for several reasons.  First, I'm saying goodbye to having my own door.  I will be moving to a cubicle, which sucks right out loud.  I've had cubicles before, and having an actual office with a door is very much preferable.  But, such is life.   Secondly, I'm actually moving to a different building, which means saying an equally fond farewell to The Adorably Tiny Cafeteria Thing In My Building.  With that, of course, means leaving my arch nemesis, the Famed Toaster of Hades, to its own devices.  Hopefully, somebody will take up the mantle and protect the unsuspecting public from its wrath.  Yes, I will be moving to the building here that has the actual cafeteria.  It will be a time of change and I'm not sure what I'll do with that.  I'll probably learn where the toaster is in that cafeteria and use that to toast my bread in the morning.  I'm just not sure.  

So, here I sit, the final hours ticking away in my mostly packed-up office, thinking of all the good times we've had here.  Looking forward to the good times we'll have in the new place.  At least the new office has a window within sight, so I can actually see outside once in a while.  


It's just too bad you won't be seeing it for a while.  


Also true!  In a bout of crazy random happenstance, I'll be away while all of my stuff migrates to my new digs.  I'll be on vacation next week, so I'll miss out on all the fun my neighbors are going to have setting up their new spaces.  When I come back, they'll be busily working away while I unpack four boxes and a laptop bag.  I'll be richer by about 60 pounds of loose change, though!  
Jeremy Is In The Office will be Out Of The Office from August 1 through 9, returning on monday, August 10th with all new Sametime Goodness.  Enjoy your summer! 

No comments: