Monday, August 10, 2015

Ever Read The Words To Auld Lang Syne?



3…2…1…Happy New Office!


Today marks the first day of Jeremy Is In The Office from the new office!  It's really a very exciting time.  


It's really not.  Here I am in my new cubicle, privacy at work a forgotten memory while somebody gets to enjoy their new office...the one that I got booted out of.  

Truth be told, it hasn't really affected me all that much up to this point.  My neighbors are all pretty decent, and most of the same people that were nearby my old office.  See, we all got the boots put to us together and all had to move over here.  I was at least mildly disappointed to learn that my new filing cabinet doesn't lock, and roughly a third of the electrical outlets don't work.  So, not only is nothing quite in place yet, but I have power cables running all amok over my desk because I can't plug things in where they're supposed to be plugged in.  Also, I can't have any confidential material in my filing cabinet yet, because I can't lock it.  

There's also no place to hang my coat in the winter, but I don't have to worry about that for a little while yet. 

There's also the fact that this is my first day back from vacation, and nobody ever likes coming back into the office after vacation.  I exchange beach, sun, and sand for a cubicle and a laptop and three more meetings before I'm done today.  That's a pretty lousy trade.  Speaking of meetings...it's now farther to walk to all of my meetings since I'm in a different building, so I'm off! 

No comments: