Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Horror!



Work Commute Detour, Day 2.  I’m managing, but I don’t know how long I can hold out


We understand your struggles, Jeremy.  Stay strong for us!


Well, as is often the case in the Greater Jeremy Area, it's finally the end of winter and the start of road construction season.  We talked a while ago about the Work Commute Pothole Slalom, and the effect it has on my daily driving habits.  Well, nobody's doing anything about that road, but there is another one on my way to work that's arguably even worse.  It has much larger potholes, but it's a shorter road with less traffic, so it's less awful.  Well, that other road is now closed.  

Yes, the signs had been there for a while.  Heavy machinery on the side of the road, new telephone poles, "Road Closed" signs...you know...everything that leads you to believe that something's about to go down.  

Well, it all went down yesterday.  The detour signs were unveiled during the day on monday, and the little road is shut down.  My commute to work is now 1.6 miles longer.  It's troubling. 

No comments: