Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Making Billions!



My New Superhero Idea:  Data Dude!  Taking A Byte Out Of Cyber Crime


This is what happens when you're allowed to be creative.  For what it's worth, Jeremy's already gotten two messages today telling him what a terrible joke this is.


Today's Sametime Status comes as a result of a conversation I had not long ago with coworker and loyal reader, "Z."  


So this is what happens when you're allowed to talk to people.  Easier solution, I guess...


It was the result of a lack of punctuation on a sentence describing an experiment we're running.  We're being all sciencey and stuff.  The desired sentence was "Free data, dude!" when describing an unintended split condition we had developed which would not convolute the data of the original designed experiment.  The actual sentence was "Free data dude!" which can really only mean two things, both revolving around a new character "Data Dude."  Either he is imprisoned, and a plotline needs to develop in which he is freed, or else Data Dude action figures are being given away as a promotional item.  

Either way, Data Dude needed to be developed.  


No, he absolutely did not.


When I picture Data Dude, if I'm being honest, I can't picture anything too far removed from Duffman.  I mean, really...who doesn't think of Duffman when pondering new superheroes?  Of course, instead of "Duff" written across his chest, he will have his own logo, which practically draws itself:



It's obvious, really.  
Then, he needed a catch phrase and a crime-fighting niche.  Since nobody I know is able to take James vad der Beek seriously as a cyber cop, and he's not even playing a superhero anyway, the arena of cyber vigilante crime fighting is pretty open, as far as I know.  Enter Data Dude, who is here to take a byte out of cyber crime!  It's brilliant!  

And by "brilliant," I mean pretty awful. 

No comments: