Monday, April 20, 2015

Jerk



Farewell, Easter Lily I planted yesterday.  We hardly knew ye


I'm sorry for your loss, Jeremy.  


Today, we bring you a tragic tale of love and loss.   


More like apathy and mild irritation, but that's beside the point, really.


So, a little while back, I made a command decision to incorporate more flowers into my spring home decor.  This was a little before Easter time, so I set out to get myself a nice, decorative Easter Lily.   
By that, Jeremy means, "I was in the store, and Easter Lilies were on sale, so he bought one on a whim.  


It was very nice, and bloomed a little before Easter, ultimately having four large flowers.  As is the case with Easter Lilies...
Jeremy knows this because he Googled it...


Easter Lilies will only bloom once indoors, after which, you can transplant them outside and hope for the best.  They are a bulb-based annual, so maybe you'll get more flowers in time.  Because of this, and because I really had nothing else to do with the plant once the flowers wilted, I dug it a nice little hole in my back yard and planted it.  I watered it with great care...
...sprayed water onto it from 10 feet away because the hose didn't reach...


...and vowed to check on its progress regularly.  


It's right outside Jeremy's bedroom window.  By "check on it," he means, "look outside."  


By this morning, a deer had eaten it.  

No comments: