Monday, October 27, 2014

Title Of The Post



Naming a file “Autorecovery File” is funny when Autorecover saves it


How very meta of you, Jeremy.  Now you should start a blag about writing blags!  


I have a Word file on my computer in which I put all of my former, current, and future Sametime statuses.  It's a wonderful little time capsule of our time spent together here on Jeremy Is In The Office and it also serves to remind me of some of the funnier things I've managed to come up with over the years.  


At least in your opinion.  The rest of us think this stuff is crap.  


At entirely random intervals, I will have something pop into my head that I feel would make a nice Sametime Status, at which point, I will jot it down into the Word file for later use.  It is called "Quotes For Sametime", and it's now 102 pages, containing well over 29,000 words of pure Statusey goodness.  It's pretty unwieldy. 

Now, I told you that story so that I can tell you this story.  Every 10 minutes or so (I forget what I have the program set to), Word will automatically save your files so that if you lose power or your computer crashes or something, you'll lose a fairly minimal amount of your unsaved work.  When this happens, a little message appears at the bottom of the program window saying "Saving Autorecovery File: "Quotes For Sametime.doc".  I decided it would be amazing to name a file "Autorecovery File" so that when this message pops up, it would say "Saving Autorecovery File: "Autorecovery File.doc". 

No comments: