Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Very Own



I have a road!


From now on, forward all hate fan mail to Jeremy Road.  The post office will know what that means.  


Well, if that were the case, that would be awesome.  Unfortunately for me, all I meant by today's Sametime Status is that my old road is new again.  You see, after a little while of living on the same street, and learning the correct path to drive to successfully avoid the potholes, sinks, traps, and sewer grates, the town has seen fit to repave my road.  

I first realized this on monday when driving home from work.  The edges of the road were all mowed and brushed, and cleaned of all grass, rocks, and other miscellaneous runoff.  This doesn't just happen.  Also, there were grooves carved at the end of everyone's driveway, my own included.  Something was definitely up.  

So yesterday, I'm driving home from work, turn down my road, and to my amazement, the whole thing was all shiny and new.  No lines or anything just yet, but a brand new slab of asphalt to drive on.  It's quiet, smooth, without giant potholes, and a welcome change of pace.  There's also a barrel over the sewer grate and a groove at the end of my driveway where they didn't page the joints yet, but I assume that's coming soon.  Bottom line here...I have a road! 

No comments: