Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Another Blag Entry Goes Down The Pan



So wait…I’m supposed to “mark” a car when I take a test drive?  That sounds unsanitary


I don't even...


Lately, there have been a lot of stupid car commercials on the radio in the Greater Jeremy Area.  Strangely, the vast majority of them are for the same car company.  One that, for strictly Blag purposes, we'll call "Urabus."   


There really isn't a good way to obscure that, is there?  


So anyway, they ran a series of commercials over the winter that were supposedly people telling stories about driving their Urabus cars through heavy snow and not having any trouble, but they're incredibly long-winded stories about driving to a diner for pie, or saving time by taking backroads and whatnot.  Absolutely terrible stories, and they're supposed to make me buy a new car.  I didn't get it.  

Well, they needed to top themselves somehow, and one of the local Urabus dealers helped them out.  They start their commercial by saying that we can learn a lot from our dogs (neglecting the fact that I don't have a dog, but that's beside the point entirely).  The very first point being that, like dogs, we should mark our territory when test driving a new Urabus so that nobody buys it out from under us while we're deciding.  I'm really not making this up.  

What's important to note here is just how a dog goes about "marking" its territory.  In case you're unaware, a dog does so by taking a whiz all over it.  So, my local Urabus dealer is apparently condoning people coming in for a test drive and relieving themselves on the car if they like it.  I'm not currently in the market for a new car, but if I were, I'll let you guess which dealer I'm not going to be buying a car from.

No comments: