Thursday, April 11, 2013

What Is It That Keeps On Slipping?



It’s very convenient when your power comes back on at midnight.  You don’t have to reset any of your clocks


But you do have to put up with the blinking.  Also, your microwave just shows nothing until you reset the time, so you're stuck with that one, too.  


Well, if you want to take the fun out of everything, sure.


It's what I do. 


Thanks for that. 


You're quite welcome. 


So, needless to say, not long ago, there was a thunderstorm in the Greater Jeremy Area.  And as is invariably the case, when there is a thunderstorm, my power goes out.  I don't know why this is the case, but it is.  I've gotten used to it, and have even downloaded the power company's app to my phone to report outages.  I'm all 21st century up in here. 

So anyway, I'm not sure how long my power was out, since I was asleep for the entire duration, but I can tell you with complete certainty that the power came back on at precisely 12:00 AM.  I know this because all of my clocks were still right, but they were all blinking.  I found this to be remarkably useful, since I didn't have to go around figuring out what time it was and setting all of the clocks appropriately.  I just had to put them into set mode and back, and all was well.  This is especially good because that's about all my brain is capable of doing correctly when I first wake up in the morning.  

No comments: