Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tomorrow, I Go To Work Pantsless

I have successfully pulled off my third consecutive Three-Bag Thursday!  That’s a lot of threes


It's two of them.  It's not even three threes.  


This doesn't make it any less of an accomplishment.


What exactly have you accomplished?  


So here's your rare glimpse into the real life of Jeremy.   On a typical day, I get up much sooner than I would like to, since I'm not a morning person.  I brush my teeth, get dressed and head for the gym.  I do my thing there for a while, take a shower, get dressed again and head to work.  After work, I go home and prepare to repeat the process.  There are variations on this theme, depending on the need or groceries or something of that ilk, but this is generally how it goes.  There's also the occasional volleyball game. 

Volleyball throws various monkey wrenches into the works.  On normal league nights, I can go home and grab a quick banana or granola bar or something before I head to the game.  On other league nights, when the league is played farther away from home than work, this time does not exist.  I need to plan farther in advance so that I can go straight from work to volleyball.  Not a big deal, right?  Well, when you factor in the rest of the morning routine, and the fact that my brain doesn't start working until at least an hour after the rest of me wakes up, it can be problematic. 

What this means is that I need to have my gym bag packed and ready to go at some stupid hour of the morning.  I also need my work bag with laptop and such packed and ready to go at that same stupid hour of the morning.  In addition, I need a third bag with volleyball gear, including a third pair of shoes, second pair of shorts, third pair of socks, third shirt and a second towel.  This is a lot of crap to pack up and load into the car before I become functional.  If you were a betting person, and somebody were to lay odds that I would forget something, I would not take that action if I were you. 

Except for the fact that I've now pulled off the rare and special feat of actually remembering everything three weeks in a row!  Chew on that, probability! 

No comments: