Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Already Ground Coffee, Unfortunately


I admit that I have used coffee as a Performance Enhancing Substance


Funny you mention that...your coffee just finished brewing right behind you.


Indeed it has.  One moment please...


Believe it or don't, but it was in fact at this point in typing that Jeremy did go across his office to the coffee maker.


Ahhh...that's better.  Now, where was I?  Oh yes.  I've called you all here today to finally confess that for quite some time at work, I have used coffee as a performance enhancing substance.  Sometimes, getting up at 6AM takes a toll on you, and you just need a little boost to finish out the afternoon.  Today is one of those days, and this little jolt of caffeine here is going to be quite sufficient.  

I don't need to drink coffee.  I can quit anytime I want.   

I can make it through the day without coffee, sure.  But it's a tasty warm beverage (or tasty really-frickin-hot beverage, as my coffee maker produces it) that adds a little flavor to the post-lunch period.  So, I drink coffee, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. 

On a completely unrelated note, Lance Armstrong is going to be on Oprah today to admit to cheating to win cycling races.  His performance enhancing substances were a little more elaborate than a cup of coffee. 

No comments: