Friday, October 8, 2010

This is going to cost me like 85 minutes

You've won this round, "The Asylum"...but it's not over!


Wait, what? Has Jeremy finally been shacked up in the wacko basket?


Uhm...no. I'm writing a Blag.


Wishful thinking, I guess. So what Asylum are you talking about?


You may remember A While Ago, I introduced you to a quality piece of film called "Snakes On A Train."


It was a piece of something, that's for sure...


Well, I did a little research, and as it turns out, that movie was put out by a film studio called "The Asylum" which specializes in "Mockbusters." That is, they find a movie that's actually good and making money out in the real world, and then they make a horrendous, ultra-low-budget movie of nearly the same title, release it only on DVD, and turn a modest profit. The two films often have little if anything to do with one another, aside from having a nearly identical title. The hope is that you confuse one with the other and buy their piece of crap and don't realize your mistake until it's too late.

So not long ago, Robert Downey Jr. starred in a new Sherlock Holmes film, aptly titled, "Sherlock Holmes." I had wanted to see it, it did well at the box office, had a totally decent 70% Tomatometer...but I never got the chance. I came across "Sherlock Holmes" while updating my movie queue on an online movie rental site that for strictly Blag purposes, we'll call "InternetFlickershows" and immediately sent it to the top of the list.

Little did I know that the fine folks at "The Asylum," who destroyed 2 hours of my life with "Snakes On A Train" also put out a film entitled "Sherlock Holmes" which involves flying dinosaurs attacking London. I'll let you guess which one showed up in my mail.


Why don't you just put the real one on top of the list and send this one back?


That would make me look stupid. I don't want to be that guy...


HAHAHAAAA! This is totally like the thing with the coffee grinder.


This has nothing to do with that. I categorically deny the accusation that...


So Jeremy once bought whole-bean coffee instead of ground, and instead of just admitting the mistake, he ran out and bought a coffee grinder.


Categorically! Deny! Freshly ground coffee simply tastes better.


Yeah, okay...whatever helps you sleep, Bean Boy.

No comments: