Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How Cold Can You Go?

Welcome to Home Heating Limbo


It's a nice place...until of course, Chubby Checker comes in and ruins the whole thing.


Different sort of Limbo, but thanks for thinking outside the box on this one.


My pleasure.


Like most homeowners around this time of the year, I'm debating when to officially give up on summer...


Most people do this around the Autumnal Equinox, but your mileage may vary.


...and flip the thermostat from "Off" to "Auto", thus beginning the heating season. This is more of a concern now that I have to pay for heat. Therefore, this becomes an act requiring pondering and procrastinating. The longer I can put up with a house that's 3 or 4 degrees below optimal, the better. Add in the sleeves factor, and I can buy myself an extra degree or two. However, good fortune must run out at some point, and the heater will be turned out. This will be a sad day, as it signifies the true end of summer.

No comments: