Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nobody noticed

I'm actually somewhat impressed that auto-dialers can navigate voicemail systems now


I liked the old days when answering machines and voicemail would only record the end of a message because they thing would start playing as soon as the machine picked up.


Me too. Now, technology has come this far. The autodialer machines used by politicians to call people right before an election to annoy them into voting have figured out how to wait for the beep. And they do...a lot. Every day this week, I've come into work with my voicemail light blinking away, thinking that it might be something important and/or work-related, only to find it's some moron politician's computer calling me to leave me a message about why their candidate sucks less than the other guy.

Needless to say, I've deleted every last one of these messages before listening to the entire thing...pretty much as soon as I figured out it was a political ad.

Suffice to say, I'm sick of the election. It really needs to be next Tuesday so that this nonsense can finally stop.

If any high-ranking politicians are reading this, don't call me. It's obnoxious and it won't make me vote for you. Do your job.

No comments: