Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It'll take a long time to cook this way

It's pretty annoying when your propane tank runs empty mid-steak


Sounds like you had a steak on the cold yesterday.


Well, not exactly. If you'll remember A While Back, I told you about a funky wireless grill thermometer I have. Well, I was watching the handset intently (A watched pot never boils, but a watched steak over flames still cooks as it turns out) waiting for it to reach optimum temperature...and when it was about 13 degrees below setpoint, it seemed to stall. I was curious and hungry, which prompted me to look out at the grill...where there were no longer flames.


13 degrees isn't so bad. Definitely above tartare.


Exactly, so while my steak was on the rare side of medium...it was not exactly to my liking, but totally edible. Of course, the fact remains that I have a couple bratwursts sitting in my fridge right now that belong on the grill tonight, and an empty propane tank. I can see this being problematic.


Sounds like you need to get a refill on the quick.

No comments: