Monday, November 24, 2008

Password Day, Part 197585

It’s Password Day! My email password is no longer s1llym0nk3y.


Awwe...who doesn't love monkeys?


Me, for one.


Traumatized by a childhood poo-flinging incident?


Nope. I have nothing against monkeys, per se...I just generally speaking don't find them amusing. Back in grade school, you get to read lots and lots of references to zoos and circuses (Circii?) in text books. Most of them refer to how people's favourite part of the aforementioned zoo or circus is the monkeys. I never understood that. These experiences left me with an overly optimistic expectation of monkeys when I did go to the zoo...and invariably, they'd let me down. Stupid monkeys.


They didn't jump around enough for you?


Most of the time, they didn't do anything for me. People would have to explain to me that the tire was in the monkey pen for them to play with, since it was just sitting there not being played with. The trees were for the monkeys to swing around and be silly with...but when I saw them, they'd just be sitting around staring back at me.


You're pretty bad at making up childhood trauma stories, you know?


Also, the friggin' Polar Bear was never swimming.

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

Stupid monkeys don't act like monkeys in the zoo. And lions as well, you never see them rip the throat out of a zebra at the zoo. What a ripoff.