Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A guy walks into a Chinese restaurant...

For the record: Walking into a Chinese Restaurant and ordering a Pepperoni Pizza – Not Funny.


If you actually did this, I will lose all respect for you, and punch you.


Well, fortunately for both of us, I didn't actually do this. I was merely a witness. It happened at lunch yesterday, when the guy behind me decided this would be the height of comedy.


Did it work?


Not only did the guy taking orders not understand what he said, and thus not laugh, but I was off to the side thinking, "Wow...that has to be the worst attempt at comedy I've heard today."


Although, the exact opposite scenario is pretty comedic.


Very true. Mitch Hedberg used that particular bit in one of his comedy sketches. It's on either "Strategic Grill Locations" or "Mitch All Together"...I forget which, and I can't be bothered to look it up. He makes light of commercials that say, "Prices and participation may vary," and his dream is to start a McDonalds and not participate in anything. The result would be somebody walking in and ordering a Bic Mac. The cashier can then reply, "NOPE! We've got spaghetti!"

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

I once walked into a White Castle and ordered Côtes de Veau-au-Fromage. I was promptly beat up and thrown out.