Thursday, August 13, 2015

I'll Watch The Youtube Replays



I watched the meteor shower.  Yep…I totally didn’t fall asleep instead…yeah…


Uh huh.  This sounds plausible.  Aren't you usually having a glass of warm milk and getting ready for bed around 8:30? 


That's a little extreme.  

So, in case any of you out there are caught all unawares, last night was the annual Perseid meteor shower.  Every year around this time, the earth passes through the remnants of the Swift-Tuttle comet, and rather than encouraging you to Shake It Off, the comet debris rains down into the atmosphere, causing a meteor shower which can result in over 100 visible meteors per hour.  This year, the shower coincided with a New Moon, so the show had no light from the moon getting in the way of all that meteor goodness.  

The problem is, the best time to watch the shower is somewhere around 1AM.

Obviously, the solution is to go to bed early and set your alarm for the wee hours of the morning, then haul it outside to watch the skies for a while.  Needless to say, I did not do this.  I just slept through the whole thing.  It's okay...I've seen meteor showers before. 

No comments: