Monday, August 24, 2015

Couldn't Have Thought Of This On Friday, Could You?


Lucky me!  Two consecutive Software Update days!  Yay!  


Jeremy loves Software Update Day.  It's his second favorite day after Password Day.  Incidentally, that's coming up later this week.  Stay tuned!


If you're like me, at any given time, you have about a dozen different windows open on your work desktop at any given time.  An email client, a web browser with a couple different tabs, a word processor document, a spreadsheet or two, maybe a Powerpoint presentation that you're working on, an instant messenger, your meeting calendar, a notepad window, a couple pdf's that you're supposed to be reading, but can never quite find a time to get through.  It's the way of things.

So every now and again, we're forced to install a new software update, usually for something that I never use, for a problem that I never have.  That update requires me to restart my computer.  

That means closing down my email client, all of my browser windows, my word processor, the spreadsheet...you get the idea.  It's annoying, and at least mildly unnecessary most times.  

Well, today marks the second consecutive work day that this nonsense has happened to me.  Great way to start off a monday.  Jerks. 

No comments: