Friday, January 16, 2015

More Of A West Coast Guy, Myself



A map of the Western Hemisphere is not all that different from the logo for the Wu Tang Clan


You know, a lot of people have...wait, what?  Nobody thinks this.  Why do you think this?  I don't know if I should stay here for this...


These are the thoughts that rummage around inside my head on occasion.  It just happens.  In this particular case, I was inspired by a bottle of shampoo.  

This particular shampoo, which shall remain nameless because the usual name is weird enough that I can't obscure it in my usual way other than to say it sounds like something foreign and involving fruit.  I buy it because it smells really nice and leaves my hair shiny and manageable.  And you thought I used a salon brand.  

Anyway...my shampoo bottle has a picture of the earth on it.  Why?  I don't know...maybe it's supposed to use fewer earth non-friendly chemicals or be biodegradable or something, I don't care.  Smells nice...shiny...manageable...picture of earth.  Just go with it.  More specifically, it's a round picture of the western hemisphere.  A little strange, because the name clearly implies that it's European, and Europe isn't shown on the map, but that's beside the point entirely.  

Not long ago, I looked at this picture in my usual morning stupor and thought, "Gee...that looks a lot like the logo for the Wu Tang Clan.  Let's be clear...I'm not a connoisseur of the Hip Hop genre, so I don't think I've ever been actually aware that I was listening to a Wu Tang Clan song, nor can I name any of the rappers in the group (not since ODB died, anyway).  All I know of them is the name and the logo.  Here it is, next to the aforementioned picture of the earth.  You judge for yourself:



In hindsight, I see that my shampoo is apparently 92% Biodegradable, hence the picture of the earth.  Maybe I should have looked at the picture I Photoshopped before writing that paragraph.  Oh well.  I'm being earth friendly, while smelling good with shiny and manageable hair! 

No comments: