Friday, January 9, 2015

I'll Ask Nikola Tesla How To Get Punched In The Face



When I think “patent advice,” I think “George Foreman”


When you think of asking for any advice, why would you even consider asking a guy who made a living out of getting punched in the head repeatedly?   


Well, he did invent that grill.


He's the spokesperson for the grill.  It was invented by Michael Boehm and Bob Johnson.  Foreman became the spokesperson because he ate hamburgers before boxing matches. 


In that case, it seems I have been lied to by a commercial once again.  Jerks.  

So not long ago, I heard a commercial on the radio for a company called InventHelp.  I had to look it up because I stopped really listening to it after the intro.  In the introduction, spokesperson George Foreman announces that people ask him "all the time," how they can get a patent and submit their ideas to companies.  Seriously?  More than one person has asked this of George Freaking Foreman?  The guy who named all five of his sons "George"?  George Foreman?  They're asking him for advice on inventions?  

I don't get it.  The world is officially upside down. 

No comments: