Monday, January 26, 2015

I Will Brook No Aggression!



Anxiously awaiting retribution from The Toaster


Oh for the love of....Jeremy, you know better than this.  What did you do to cheese of the Toaster?  


In this case, nothing, but there was a related casualty.  

Allow me to explain.  

You all remember the Famed Toaster of Hades, right?  The high-volume commercial toaster in the Adorably Tiny Cafeteria Thing In My Building?  Well, it had a distant relative living in my house.  A cheesey old two-slice job that I probably bought at WalMart when I first moved to the area and needed a toaster.  As with all cheesey old appliances that you bought at WalMart, it had a life expectancy which ran out not all that long ago.  It was actually a little sad to watch it go.  It would go through the motions, allowing the lever to get pushed down, and would glow a feeble orangeish color for a while, with nowhere near the vim and verve it used to have.  The bread would get popped out with almost no hint of the fact that it had been a toaster, regardless of the setting you chose on the shade controller.  (That's the actual name for that thing...bet you didn't know that!)  When I had to put my bread in for a second go on the highest possible setting before it was even crispy, I knew a change had to be made.  

The old toaster met its end in a brief ceremony where I unplugged it and placed it gingerly in the bag that my new toaster (That I paid 80% of the value for, thanks to a large blue coupon you've probably seen in the mail) came in.  I now have a new toaster, and it works like a champ, toasting my bread to golden perfection in just one pass, somewhere just below 4 out of 6.  Why somebody decided that the toaster should go to 6 is beyond me, but then again, I'm An Engineer.  

Anyway, The Famed Toaster of Hades certainly has heard of my euthanizing its brethren, no matter how merciful and justified it may have been, and is equally certainly waiting for its opportunity for revenge.  I will remain diligent in my quest to enjoy breakfast.  

No comments: