Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Nominations Are Overrated



Once again, snubbed by the Emmy voters


Me too.  Best supporting actor in a Blag wasn't even a category this year.  Can you believe that nonsense? 


The Emmy awards seem to be biased towards people who work in television.  This is awful.  

It's also awful that the Emmy awards exist in the first place, as another excuse for people to sit around and give themselves awards for a job well done.  As you may already know, I'm not a fan of awards shows, and as such, I didn't actually watch last night's Emmy awards.  So with that, I'm assuming I didn't win, because somebody would have called me or something, right?  

Either way, I can't really begrudge people for wanting to give themselves awards.  I'd vote to give myself an award if I could.


The Award for Outstanding Writing In A Comedy Blag About Sametime Status Messages goes to....


What I can rail on is some of the lunacy that gets these types of awards.  For example, in this year's Emmy awards, there were four separate categories for reality TV.  FOUR!  Three of them were for best reality series, but in an ever so slightly different genre.  Seriously..."Best Unstructured Reality Show" needs to be separated from "Best Structured Reality Show?"  Only two of the shows nominated were in any way informational, and Mythbusters didn't even win.  

In addition, no fewer than ten (10) nominees for Emmy awards went to...other awards shows.  So, they're actually giving out awards for shows  about giving out awards.  I'm not even kidding.  The Tony awards show got two Emmy awards!  All we need now is for the Grammy Awards to give out an award for best music in a TV show, and nominate the segment the Emmy awards did about the Tony awards.    Then they can make a movie out of that and get Oscar for the sweep!  It truly is that ridiculous. 

No comments: