Thursday, August 14, 2014

Also, Ebola



I may have to give up on looking at CNN to find comedy material for Sametime Statuses


Here's a brief look behind the scenes here at Jeremy Is In The Office.


So, when you write Sametime Statuses every day, you go through periods.  There are times which are far more prolific than others, days when you have stuff written down that doesn't feel right anymore, days where you had come up with something brilliant the night before and now can't remember, and days when you feel like you've written your last joke.  

On those days, inspiration comes from unexpected sources.  Sometimes, something funny will happen on the walk between the parking lot and my office.  Sometimes, I'll log into my computer and I'll have a funny email or a link to a funny video that somebody sent me.  And there are times when I've simply got nothing, and I surf over to one of the sites on the internets that displays a holiday for every day of the year and hope for the best, or I hit up the news sites to see what's going on in the world and hope I can make a joke out of that. 

Well, lately, the world sucks.  I pull up CNN and I see everybody hates every politician, people are rioting against the police, Robin Williams is dead, a kid got blown onto some railroad tracks, we're sending people back to war, a few countries in Europe are being total jerks to each other, and people named Kardashian are somehow still relevant.  As of this writing, you have to go past 17 story links on CNN.com until you hit a single piece of good news, and that's the fact that Pope Francis will be the first pope in 25 years to visit South Korea.  That's as good as it gets today.  This makes it difficult to turn the world into comedy. 

My message to you today is very simple.  SHAPE THE HECK UP, WORLD!  I've got people to entertain over here!  Geeze....

No comments: