Thursday, May 1, 2014

I'm Probably A 6 or 7 Out Of Ten



I’m curious about whether or not there are actually professional hand-washers out there


There are some weird jobs around.  I don't know how much this would surprise me.  


So, while it's not quite on the level of Dog Food Tester (53% of them have a PhD, and all of them have to taste the dog food to test it) or Hair Boiler (quite literally boils vats of animal hair to make it curly for every reason you need curly animal hair), professional hand washer would be a weird job.  

I suppose somebody out there has to test new hand soaps to see if it cleans your hands and leaves them smelling nice without drying out your skin, but that doesn't seem like it would need to be a full-time job.  It's really only relevant when a company produces a new kind of soap.  I don't know how often that is.  Doctors and nurses wash their hands a lot (did you know that in order to disinfect your hands, you're supposed to sing "Happy Birthday" TWICE while lathering?  Over 5 minutes if you're prepping for surgery), but their job is certainly not "hand washer."  They have other responsibilities which are more important which simply require clean hands to accomplish.  As far as I know, nobody goes to work for 8 hours a day washing their hands constantly in order to accomplish...something...generate data, perhaps.  

Yet, I walk into public bathrooms and I see "Professional" soap dispensers on the sink. 

No comments: