Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Now I Want A Burrito



Rolfing isn’t what you think it is 


It sounds like something that happens after you eat one too many Burritos Supreme at Taco Bell.


One Burrito Supreme at Taco Bell isn't too many?  


 Depends on your criteria, I guess...but my point remains valid.


And my point remains correct.  Rolfing has nothing to do with either vomiting, or frisbee golf.  It's actually a type of holistic medicine dealing with muscle alignment and structural integration or something.  It's akin to a type of massage that separates the fibres of muscle connective tissues in order to allow more natural movement of the muscles.  The process was named after the founder of the practice, Ida Rolf.  


I'da rolf too, if I ate that many Burritos.


Of course, the whole process is incredibly long, complicated, and expensive.  A complete treatment takes between 10 and 15 hours and costs $80 per hour based on a Groupon I was emailed last week.  To become a trained Rolfer requires a full year of training at a cost of over $10,000 at a single clinic in Colorado.   The practice has also been scientifically proven to accomplish absolutely nothing, though dozens of people have offered testimonials to its effectiveness.  If nothing else, it appears to be remarkably effective at taking your money...which is not what you thought it did. 

No comments: