Friday, January 3, 2014

It's A Problem

I'm now concerned about the fact that my bottle of ketchup looks like my bottle of honey


You know, they don't really taste the same.  Hopefully you solved your issue before it got too serious?


Thankfully, yes.

See, not all that long ago, somebody realized that certain, more viscous fluids, don't really lend themselves to squeeze bottles.  There is an awful lot of holding the thing upside down and shaking and squeezing and gassy noises involved before you really start to see results.  Ketchup and honey were among these fluids.  A new solution was required!  Behold the upside-down squeeze bottle.  The bottle is stored with the product at the entrance for easier access, and the lid is designed so that the bottle can stand on it.  It has a little vinyl valve at the bottom that prevent leaks until you actually squeeze, and success!  Many products have caught on with this concept, including the aforementioned honey and ketchup, but also mayonnaise, mustard, various other dressings, and cheese.

I happen to have at least two of these in my house.  As you may have guessed, ketchup and honey.  I store them in the same cupboard.  I store them right next to each other because that's how the tessellation works out best in that particular cupboard.  This morning, while making tea in my usual morning stupor, I grabbed an upside-down bottle, assuming it was honey.  Fortunately, I always measure my honey out into a spoon, so I realized I had grabbed ketchup before my tea became a tomato and vinegar-based disaster. 

I think I need to buy ketchup in the old-fashioned right-side-up bottles from now on.

No comments: