Friday, January 31, 2014

None Of My Bowls At Home Are All That Great



Broncos vs Seahawks.  Who ya got?!


I plan on watching Puppy Bowl.  The competition is pretty strong this year.


So, here at Jeremy Is In The Office, we encourage the use of sporting events as diversions, particularly hockey.  Football becomes significantly relevant once a year, and that happens this weekend, when they play the big game at the end of the season.  I'm assuming I'm not allowed to say the name because the NFL prohibits people from saying it for any purpose other than paying the NFL for the right to say it.  Seriously...even businesses local to the game Can't Hang Signs Saying The Name even to welcome people to the area.   

Either way, that particular game will be happening on Sunday, which means the pregame show starts later tonight.  I should actually let you know about a video guide to attending the game created by resident New York puppet, Johnny T.  Go ahead and watch that, even if you fully expect to skip the game itself.  

Also worthy of note are prop bets, including the length of the national anthem, as performed by Renee Fleming, whether or not Renee Fleming will wear gloves while performing the national anthem, and what color the gloves will be.  Here's what I want to know.  Nobody knows who Renee Fleming is.  I just looked up a picture of her, and if she passed me on the street on my way home form work today, I wouldn't recognize her.  Is there any reason she shouldn't stop off in Las Vegas or log into some online betting website, bet the ranch on going Under the 139.5 second prop bet (incidentally, I had to look this up too, but "The clock measuring the anthem starts on Fleming’s first note and ends when she has completed the word 'brave.'"), then showing up at the game, singing really fast (not fast enough to disrespect America or anything, but easily under the 139-mark), and going back to collect?  Sure, it's the gambling version of Insider Trading, but if nobody recognizes you, it can't be illegal, right?  

Anyway...enjoy the really important football game.  It's going to be Supe....Stupendous!  

Please don't sue me, NFL...

No comments: