Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nobody Came After Me With A Sword



Suddenly, my front yard becomes A Dance With Dragonflies


You refer, of course, to A Song of Ice and Fire, the popular book series turned HBO show.  The fifth book of that series is called "A Dance With Dragons."  


Well, sure.  I'm also referring to the fact that my front yard became completely overrun with dragonflies recently.  I don't know why this is, but it was pretty cool to watch.  I don't think I've seen as many dragonflies in my life as I did in one afternoon looking out my front window.  It was quite the sight.  


But...but...Game of Thrones.


What I know about the books and show will be very brief to tell.  There are lots and lots of people.  Most of them hate each other, but I don't know why.  They fight over control of some kingdom where Winter is apparently coming, but we don't know when or why that's a big deal.  They kill each other with shocking frequency, and then dragons happen.  Much beyond that, I've got nothing.  Perhaps somebody with more familiarity with the books or show can provide a slightly better comparison between them and the dragonflies in my front yard.  As for me, all I know is that there were a crapload of dragonflies in my front yard.  

No comments: