Friday, September 6, 2013

Another Post About Snot



When the cat’s away, you don’t have as many problems with allergies


I didn't know you had a cat.  


Well, that's at least partially because I don't have a cat.


I'm losing interest in your story.


So today's Sametime Status is a play on the phrase "When the cat's away, the mice will play," which is a fairly common phrase, and one that I've heard here at work on more than one occasion.  The implication being that we're such awful workers that without micromanagement guidance, we would be either unable or unwilling to do our jobs.  

I'm pretty sure this isn't true.

Regardless, when the cat is away, I don't have any issues with sneezing or itchy eyes, which is my standard response to cat presence.  I like cats, don't get me wrong.  I think they're endlessly entertaining (ask me sometime about the cat that fell flat on its face while trying to play Feather On A Stick with me), and I usually find them adorable.  I'm just allergic to them.  

No comments: