Thursday, December 20, 2012

Theme Week, Part IV

Jeremy’s Sametime Status Proudly Presents:  Stuff People Won’t Buy Me For Christmas Week!  Day 4: Nexus 10
 
 
 Hi, everybody.  LIR here.  We here at Jeremy Is In The Office like to take roughly this time of year to treat you to a special holiday-themed Theme Week...because...we want you to feel obligated to buy us presents.  Feeling guilty yet?  How about now?  Anyway, today, Jeremy wants electronics.


So the eternal question "What do you want for Christmas?" really doesn't have much of an answer this year, since as I think I mentioned a couple posts back, I genuinely don't need or want anything.  About the closest I come to actually wanting something right about now is the new Nexus 10 tablet from The Google.  It's every bit the technological equivalent of the latest iPad without the Apple opression, iTunes, arrogant proprietary interfaces ("Lightning" connector?  Seriously?  The "U" in USB stands for Universal), and price inflation of the latest iPad. 

That said, it's still WAY over the budget of what anybody is actually looking to spend on presents.  Unless, of course, you're an idiot Who Buys A Fake One At A Gas Station or something.  If that's the case, I don't know if I should really be accepting presents from you anyway. 

Besides...while I may claim to want one of these tablets, I have no earthly clue what I would do with it.  I'm certainly not lacking in electronic equipment in my house, and this thing would mainly be a really expensive electronic toy which serves many purposes that are already served better by stuff I already have.  I don't get me sometimes.  Regardless, I don't expect to see a Nexus 10 under the tree.


That's it for us, folks.  Jeremy Is In The Office is now on vacation and will be Out Of The Office until January 2.  We'll return with a whole new 2013 full of whimsy.  Happy Holidays, everybody!

No comments: