Monday, December 17, 2012

Theme Week, Part I


Jeremy’s Sametime Status Proudly Presents:  Stuff People Won’t Buy Me For Christmas Week!  Day 1:  Real Estate


Hi, everybody.  LIR here.  We here at Jeremy Is In The Office like to take roughly this time of year to treat you to a special holiday-themed Theme Week...because...well, it's easier than doing other stuff.  This year, rather than presenting you, the gift-buying public, a list of stuff to buy Jeremy, we're going the opposite direction and displaying a list of stuff that Jeremy, regrettably or otherwise, won't be finding under his tree.  We start, as we do many things, in the world of cartoons. 


That's right.  While everyone out there is racking their brains trying desperately to find the perfect gift for their favorite Sametime Status Blagger, I'm thinking differently.  Sure, I like to dream big, but I also have realistic expectations after years of gift-giving occasions coming up with new clothes that don't fit.  (Note:  A couple years ago, I did get a very nice sweater for Christmas, and I do in fact still wear it...so that's not included in the previous sentence.)  Ask me about the Infamous Answering Machine Message prior to my birthday one year.  Side note: my parents are laughing right now. 

This year is no exception.  I'm entirely certain that I'm not going to get what I really want for Christmas, entirely because I quite honestly have no idea what it is that I really want for Christmas.  Makes shopping a little more difficult, I'll concede...but the mind wants what the mind wants.  Or doesn't want...or doesn't know what it wants...or something.  You know what I mean.  So this week is entirely devoted to the things people won't be buying me....and probably shouldn't.  

Today's topic, straight from the mouth of Lucy van Pelt, Real Estate.  Everyone knows that this was Lucy's answer to Charlie Brown asking what it was She Really Wanted For Christmas, and it's become basically my first answer to people when they ask what they should buy me.  That said, real estate is generally pretty expensive, even with mortgage interest rates what they are these days.  I also already have a house and pay enough in real estate taxes already that I don't actually need more real estate.  It just makes for a great joke and a perfect dodge for when I really can't tell somebody what the perfect gift is for their favorite Jeremy. 

Incidentally...you may have noticed over the last month or so that Jeremy basically doesn't work Friday's anymore.  This is due to a lack of proper planning of vacation days, so he just doesn't need to show up.  As such, this will likely be an unprecedented 4-day Theme Week leading up to the holidays.  Exciting! 

No comments: