Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Theme Week, Part III


Jeremy’s Sametime Status Proudly Presents:  Stuff People Won’t Buy Me For Christmas Week!  Day 3: Lamborghini Aventador
  
  
 Hi, everybody.  LIR here.  We here at Jeremy Is In The Office like to take roughly this time of year to treat you to a special holiday-themed Theme Week...because...repetition is funny.  Also, we like creating new traditions.  To that end, this year, we're bringing you a list of gifts that Jeremy doesn't expect to find under his tree Christmas morning.  Today...a new car. 


Not just any car...a shiny new Lambo!  

 
I totally would buy you this, Jeremy...but I don't have $400,000 laying around in the cushions of my couch.  You're better off with socks anyway.  


Not long ago, I was driving to lunch and I looked up ahead and saw the rear of a shiny new white car.  It looked like a pretty nice car to me, and I thought to myself, "That looks like a pretty nice car.  Wonder what it is."  I then gently exceeded the speed limit to catch up to it (right before we all stopped in front of a red light, but that's beside the point) so I could read the badges on the back.  


In this case, you really did need some stinking badges.  


The car turned out to be a Maserati GranTurismo, valued at somewhere around $150,000.  Boy was he upset when I ran into his car.  

Totally kidding.  I wouldn't want to scratch the paint on my car.  

Anyway, having seen what kind of car it was, and how the performance of mine paled in comparison, I thought of what kind of car I would be driving if money were no object.  I honestly didn't know, because I like my car.  It's fun to drive, looks nice, doesn't make me look like a pretentious jerkface, and is totally decent on gas mileage.  In a different world, maybe I'd be driving something more cushy and luxurious...or maybe something super powerful and sporty...who knows?  

If commercials are to be believed, one of the best gifts to give somebody during the holiday season is a new car.  Popular choices are Lexus, Infinity, Land Rover, and Cadillac...again, if you believe the commercials.  So here's Jeremy, shooting for the moon again.  As long as I'm not expecting anybody to buy me a new car, I may as well not expect anybody to buy me a super expensive uber-car.  So I won't be expecting a shiny new Aventador under my tree.  With a price tag of $390,000 I doubt I'll be surprised.      

No comments: