Monday, November 26, 2012

Usually, I'm A Genius


I carefully dry out the inside of my coffee cup before I put water in it to make coffee


I'm sure that's important for some reason.  


I'd like to think so, but I'm pretty sure it's not the case.    Anyway...I have my little routine.  I disassemble the business bits of the coffee maker, which includes the coffee basket and filter screen, and take that, along with my cup, to the sink to clean it out.  My coffee maker doesn't use one of those paper filters, it just has a little bucket with small holes in the bottom.  That thing is filled with coffee grounds (At work, I tend to use pre-ground coffee just to save time.  Everyone knows that Freshly Ground Coffee Tastes Better), and needs to be dumped out and cleaned after every cup.  So, once I've tossed the old grounds, I wash out the basket, screen, and cup so that I don't get diseases or anything.  After that, I dry everything with the supplied paper towels.  This is important for the coffee maker bits and the outside of the coffee cup, since those areas will be the ones dripping water the entire way back to my office, and nobody wants that.  Because That's How You Get Ants.  

Anyway...for no apparent reason, I take this same time to carefully dry out the inside of the coffee cup...you know...the part where the coffee goes.  Ostensibly, I'm doing this so that any future coffee is not watered down by the extra water, but here's the problem: my coffee maker is one of those single-cup brewing thingies that only holds one cup of water at a time.  The first thing that I do after I dry out the cup is fill it with water to take back to the coffee maker.  I don't know why I do this, but I can't seem to stop. 

No comments: