Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Aroma Of A Bias, With The Taste Of A Radial


So the company known for boiling rubber is going to tell me the best places to eat?


I don't see what Bridgestone has to do with any of this.

  
I was just recently made aware of what is apparently the gold standard in restaurant and touring guides.  I thought it was Zagat...but I was wrong.  Zagat is now owned by The Google apparently, not that that fact is relevant at all to these proceedings...just thought you might like to know.  No, the place to turn for advice on travel and fine dining is the Red Guide, published annually by the Michelin company, famous maker of tires.  

Apparently, more important than a high Zagat rating is the prestigious "Michelin Star," bestowed upon worthy restaurants on a 1 to 3 star scale.  There are currently 81 3-star restaurants in the world, and only 10 in the entire United States.  I'm reasonably certain of two things.  First, I can't afford to eat in any of these restaurants, none of which I've ever heard of.  Second, while Japan and France best the United States in number of 3-star restaurants, I'm certain we're kicking the crap out of them in number of McDonald's Restaurants.  Take that, rest of the world! 

No comments: