Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Don't Want This By My Food


Those crazy “Kidz” and their compost…


Yeah, they're always out there with their...wait, what?


I'm not entirely sure what it was I was looking at in the grocery store not long ago, but there it was, big as life.  Sitting in the middle of the produce section was a stack of bags with the label "Kidz Compost."  As much as I know kids love a good compost pile, and learning about the joys of worm crap, this just didn't seem like the greatest product idea.  

Also factor in that I'm copying the "Kidz" part verbatim, and you can see that some stuffed suit at the company decided to add an edgy youthful flair by spelling "Kids" with a "Z."  Because you know, those nutty kids these days, they're either spelling things with Zs so they look cool, or else they're too dumb or preoccupied to care about spelling things properly.  Neither Would Surprise Me.

While I'm at it, I may as well tell you another story from that same shopping trip.  I noticed a bunch of signs posted around the meat section advertising the "Manager's Specials" of the day.  Every last one of them ended with the phrase "WHILE SUPLY'S LAST.[sic]"  For those of you who don't know what that little [sic] thing means, you probably also don't see anything wrong with the rest of the sign, so you are not my target audience.  Go read something. 

No comments: