Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Times, They Are A Changin'


It’s a dark day.  The maker of Twinkies has gone bankrupt


 It's sad but true.  Hostess Has Filed For Bankruptcy.  


While they've come out and said that during the bankruptcy proceedings, the company will continue to produce the little yellow tubey snacks we all know and love, it seems reasonable to start pondering a world where Twinkies no longer exist.  It's a troubling thought.  


What would Egon compare the psychokinetic energy in the New York area to?


How will people make Twinkie Wiener Sandwiches? 


What will Woody Harrelson look for while hunting zombies?


Have you noticed that all of our Twinkie-related concerns are based on movies?


I don't think that makes them any less valid. 


Agreed.  But the fact remains, that it's unclear how much longer Twinkies will exist, and that legitimately makes me sad.  Sure, they're atrocious nutritionally, and I'm reasonably certain that I've eaten only one Twinkie in the last 5 years (The day after watching Zombieland, in case you're wondering), but it's nice to know that they're there.  So, to the fine folks at Hostess, chin up!  Hopefully you'll get through this mess and continue to provide us all with the delicious treats we've loved for years.  As for me...I have to go stock up so I can sell Twinkies on the Black Market.  

No comments: