Thursday, October 27, 2011

Freezing Fury

Training Day, Episode 5: Mother Nature Strikes Back


Geeze, Jeremy.  Another day of training?  Once this is over, you're going to be a genius or something.


First of all, as evidenced on this Blag, I already am a genius. 

Second of all, there's only one more day of this stuff..so it's not so bad.

Thirdly, it would seem as if Mother Nature has won another round in the war of attrition between me and my heating bill.  I actually turned the heat on in my house yesterday, signaling the unofficially official end of summer.  Something about the forecast showing solid-form precipitation and low temperatures that start with a 2 meant that I should probably break down and start paying for warmth again. 

The concept of "sleeping weather" is an interesting one that I hear about.  Toward the end of summer, I start hearing people talk about how they had "good sleeping weather" the night before.  The idea being that when it's cold, it's not too hot in your house to be comfortable while sleeping, without the use of a fan or aid conditioner.  The problem with this is that you're unconscious, and unable to actually pay attention to, let alone enjoy, the weather.  The concept seems to only apply to temperature, but as far as I'm concerned, the only kind of "sleeping weather" I need to concern myself with is anything that's quiet.  So, hurricanes and tornadoes are out, regardless of the thermometer. 

However, when it's cold, we have good sleeping weather.  I'm okay with that...I just get out the big blanket, burrito myself in the bed, and wait for morning.  My problem has started to arise with me in the morning, where the room temperature has been dropping steadily since the summer months.  In the last couple weeks, that temperature has made its way into the lower 60s in the morning.  While this would still qualify as perfectly good "sleeping weather" it's not particularly good "getting out of the shower" weather. 

No comments: