Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Either Way, His Name is Jonathan


Three straight shutouts apparently isn’t good enough to make the next start


Yep...it's hockey season.  Jeremy's going to be busy for a while now.


Well, it seemed that way.  Today started off with me wanting to amuse everyone with the tale of LA Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick, who set a franchise record in his last game, recording a third consecutive shutout and now hasn't been scored upon in his last 188+ minutes of play.  All that said, he won't be starting tonight's game against New Jersey because...uhm...well...because.  

What ended up happening today though was too much fun to pass up.  I set a new record for futility at work today.  We get new computers every so often because they become obsolete and start having trouble, and all the usual reasons.  Well, today was my day to get a new computer...which for me is usually very exciting.  I get to play with new electronics and configure a new desktop and see what capabilities my new machine has.  It's great fun.  Of course, to get to that point, I have to go through the standard configuration wizard which includes the installation of all the required programs for network access and passwords and security and whatnot.  My new laptop choked on this wizard no fewer than three ways.  

A hard drive security program didn't install properly, the network access program won't run at all, and the software installation program won't update.  It was a whole new type of pathetic that I had my computer for 45 minutes before I found myself on the phone with the help desk.  That has GOT to be a new low.  Who's got a better story?

No comments: