Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This Doesn't Say Much For Me


Mints are great for your breath, but sometimes play games with your mind


Here is where we get a little insight into the vast empty abyss that is Jeremy's mind.  Careful...it can get slippery.


I'm not particularly proud of this story, but I can see the entertainment value, so I'm willing to put my pride on the line for you, the Loyal Readers.  

I have a car.  It's actually relatively new, so I don't really expect things to go wrong with it.  I know the horn is pretty lame, and there's a maintenance bulletin out about the gas cap, but for the most part things are still in pretty good shape.  I was a little concerned recently when I heard a rattling sound coming from the passenger side door whenever I'd hit a bump in the road (which given the road conditions in the Greater Jeremy Area, is pretty often), and this troubled me.  I shouldn't be having clunks or rattles with my car.  When I got to the parking lot at work, I opened up the passenger door and had a look around to try to find anything that might be loose or tucked into the cup holder or something that would be making a rattling noise.  I went around wiggling and shaking and bumping things trying to recreate the noise to no avail, the thing was solid as a rock.  

This process lasted at least a minute and a half before I gave up and started planning my rattle strategy.  But, of course, this strategy planning would have to occur inside, so I grabbed my laptop bag out of the passenger seat, where it always sits on my way to work.  Pulling the bag out caused a rattling noise inside the bag, where the little box of breath mints is tucked away inside the front zipper pocket.   It sounded strangely like the rattle I'd heard coming from the door on my commute.  

I felt a little like an idiot, but nothing out of the ordinary for me at that hour of the morning. 

No comments: