Tuesday, September 6, 2011

If I put out deer food, the Squirrels will eat it

Silly deer, bird seed is for birds!


What a coincidence. This Sametime Status is for the birds, too.


Why so grumpy today?


Well, it's one of those mondays cleverly disguised as a Tuesday, and there was a long weekend, and I didn't feel like going back to work.


You're entirely fictional. You don't have a job, or a regular sleep pattern.


Entirely beside the point.


Anyway, so one of the many projects I completed this Laborious weekend was solving the mystery of the bird feeder.


Surely one of the great mysteries of our time. Right up there with 'Where is Jimmy Hoffa?' and 'Who shot J.R.?'


So, I have a bird feeder, since birds entertain me. Recently, I started to notice the seed being consumed at a faster than usual pace. Since there is usually a pretty steady stream of customers at the feeder, I just thought that I maybe got a few more birds interested or they were getting hungrier or something. Turns out, that's not the case at all. Recently, in the middle of the night, I awoke to some noises in my back yard that sounded like the local wildlife. I'm no stranger to turkeys, deer, foxes, neighborhood cats, and the occasional raccoon, so I wasn't overly concerned. I decided to check it out, so I looked out the window to see two of the local deer standing around eating the bird seed out of the feeder.

Stupid deer. Bird seed is for birds...don't they realize that? Now, I need to come up with some way of still feeding the birds without also feeding the deer.

No comments: